All hail, the baking soda. It really does everything, maybe not fix all your life’s problems but hey, it might just solve your cleaning woes. We have compiled a list of things we think baking soda can help with by cleaning, deodorizing, etc. We’ve categorized it by room so feel free to skip over there if you don’t need the whole list.
Around the kitchen
- Deep-cleaning extremely greasy pans. Soak it in hot water, sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda, and scrub that down in a bit.
- Scrub down countertops. Mix it with water first.
- Clean stainless steel sinks. Again, mix with water.
- Cooking utensils can also benefit from the water + baking soda mixture.
- Removes stains on tupperware.
- Removes the funky smell of a sponge.
- Deodorize a stinky fridge.
- Cleans fruits (only on the outside, of course.)
In the bathroom
- No more mildew! Use a wet sponge with baking soda.
- Cleans your grout. Scrub away.
- Scrubs your tub. Make sure to clean what you use to clean yourself.
- Use it on your shower walls/doors/curtains!
For the bedroom
- Deodorize closets! Leave an open box of baking soda near your sheets.
- Clean your mattress with baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and dish soap. Mix those and spray on your mattress, vacuum it after it dries.
- Deodorize your carpets by sprinkling baking soda over it.
Clothes and other things
- Deodorize stinky sneakers by sprinkling baking soda inside. Just make sure you clean it out before wearing or you’ll feel like you’re walking on the beach because it’s going to feel sandy.
- Put shine back to your sterling silver by making a paste of baking soda and water and give it a wipe.
- Add a cup of baking soda to an all whites laundry and get brighter clothes!
- Stuffed animals need to be dusted. Use baking soda to draw out dirt and stink, vacuum everything after.