Christmas is here – and that means a whole lot of feasting on amazing food with loved ones is in order! Give in to your craving and add something sweet to your Christmas fiesta menu this holiday season with no-bake desserts. Whether you want to spend time with your family crafting these treats, or would want to make your officemates smile with a thoughtful gift, making no-bake desserts lets you do just that, even when you don’t have an oven at home. Try these four recipes and see how easy it is to make them!
Equal parts fluffy and creamy, cheesecakes not only make for good desserts for your Christmas eve dinner – paired with a glass of wine. They also make for great presents especially if you know the receiver is a sweet tooth at heart.
- 3/4 cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup pecan sandies cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Crush the pecan sandies cookies and mix them with graham cracker crumbs in a bowl. Add in melted butter and 3 tablespoons of white sugar.
- Press the mixture into a 7-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese, ⅓ cup sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a separate bowl. Add whipped cream and fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the mixture into the pan.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 1 hour, then place in refrigerator for thirty minutes before serving.
If your gift’s recipient is a diehard chocolate lover, you can expect that they’ll jump for joy when they get fudge brownie treats from you. What’s better is that you can make a mouthwatering one right at home – without an oven, and with only 15 minutes preparation time.
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix sugar, coconut oil, butter, vanilla extract and cocoa powder in a bowl, and beat.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch square baking dish and cover with a lid.
- Freeze mixture for two hours.
When in doubt about what gift to give, you can always count on cookies to brighten up anyone’s day. Cookies are awesome snacks too because they’re easy to make and can last for a long time! Put them in a cute, Christmas-y box and give to friends, officemates or relatives.
- 1 ¾ cups white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix sugar, milk, cocoa and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 1.5 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and stir in peanut butter, oats and vanilla.
- Scoop portions of the mixture using a teaspoon and drop them onto wax paper. Cool until hardened.
S’mores need not be cooked over bonfire in the outdoors! In fact, making these delicious treats only takes 20 minutes preparation time, and a few ingredients you can easily find in your local supermarket.
- 4 cups honey graham cereal
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Procure a 9×13 inch dish and coat with cooking spray. Place cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- Place a medium saucepan over low heat. Melt margarine and spread.
- Add marshmallows and corn syrup and stir until melted. Mix in chocolate chips until melted, then remove the saucepan from heat and pour over cereal. Stir.
- Press the mixture into a 9×13 inch dish then cool completely. Cut into squares
If these recipes make your heart pound for excitement this upcoming Christmas, worry not – you can couple these with an equally mouth-watering meals without breaking a sweat by hiring a Gawin caterer or custom cakes specialist. Just log on to our website and we’ll link you to service providers who’ll be happy to help you prepare a delicious Christmas menu!
written by Bea Luna