Last weekend, I walked into Forever 21 and was out of there in 10 seconds.
I found myself cringing at everything I saw – printed tribal cotton dresses, cropped tops with stenciled lettering, metallic hoodies. No offense to Forever 21, but I suddenly felt like I’d just walked into a teenager’s playground. The biggest irony was that I used to love this store! As a college student, I would spend hours in there perusing every single item so that no rack or shelf was left uninspected.
“What’s wrong with their clothes now?” I frowned. “They used to have such good stuff!”
“No, they’ve always been that way. Forever 21’s style hasn’t changed, but yours has,” my super wise boyfriend said.
Realization dawned on me as I stood at the entrance of Forever 21 for a long moment, staring up at the glowing store sign that used to spark so much joy and excitement. Forever 21 remains the way it’s always been – catering attractive designs for the teens and early 20s – but now it was time for my 27-year-old self to break away from Aztec shorts and fringed cardigans. It was time to bid goodbye to the store that I once loved and embrace the fact that I was maturing, and so were my choices in life and everything else.
Sometimes, all it takes is an unexpected fashion wakeup call to remember that you can’t stay 21 forever. With that said, here are 20 things that everyone in their mid to late 20s can probably relate to:
1. Your weekly goal is to exercise and eat healthily
2. Those party days are slowly diminishing as you set curfews for yourself
3. You’re actually curious about property investments
4. You’ve adopted an interest in interior design and home renovations
5. You’re desperate for a work-life balance
6. Drinks every night? Ain’t nobody got time for that
7. Dating is not a game… it’s a serious hunt for your soulmate
8. Your circle of close friends has shrunk a little
9. Your parents were right about a lot of things
10. The consequences of your 20s are catching up with you
11. Your shirt isn’t the only thing with fine lines and wrinkles
12. You seriously want to roll your eyes every time a 21-year-old says, “OMG I’m OLD!”
13. Spending time alone is necessary for your mental health
14. You’ve entered into wedding season, and there is no end
15. Planning a wedding is more complicated than it seems
16. “Love Yourself” is more than just a Bieber hit – it’s a life motto
17. The music you grew up with has been categorized under “oldies”
18. You can give some wise advice now
19. Your chores are taking up way too much time
20. Life is short, and you deserve to treat yourself
Growing up simply just means more responsibilities, more important decisions, and a lot more chores. But in all honesty, life is too short and precious to be wasted on meaningless activities and stressful tasks, like scrubbing the toilet on weekends, for instance. Don’t you just wish you could press a magic button and have professionals rescue you from these mundane tasks so you can have more time to rest, relax and spend quality time with your loved ones?
That’s why we’re here. Get reliable cleaners, caterers, plumbers, contractors and more on Gawin.ph! Just tell us what you need and we’ll match you with verified professionals so you don’t have to worry about the time-consuming details. Always remember – you deserve to treat yourself!
written by Carissa Gan